2 Aug 2019, 11:54 — 8 min read
Here is a comprehensive update of developments from India’s foreign trade during 25 July - 1 August 2019.
1. Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) published following:
2. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) published following:
3. India: Steel and Steel Products (Quality Control) Order, 2019 published - Ministry of Steel Order S.O. 2614(E) published on 26 July 2019.
5. Nepal: Announcement made regarding Maximum retail sales price (MRP) of Home appliance - Ministry of Finance dated 29 July 2019.
7. EU: Impose a definitive countervailing duty on imports of certain polyethylene terephthalate (PET) originating in India -EU Regulation (EU) No 2019/1286 dated 30 July 2019.
8. EEU - Classify equipment used in comprehensive self-service car wash under HS 8424300100 and Cardiological Occluder (a medical device for treating the heart) under HS 9021909009 - Decision no 122 published on 26 July 2019.
10. Canada: Modifies the List of Contaminants and Other Adulterating Substances in Food to Add a Maximum Level for Cyanide in Apricot Kernels - Reference Number: NOM/ADM C-2019-1 dated 25 July 2019.
11. South Africa : Impose 102.10% provisional payment in relation to safeguard against increased imports of threaded fasteners of iron or steel (excluding those of stainless steel and those identifiable for aircraft) classifiable in tariff subheadings 73181541, 73181542 and 73181630 from India and other countries - Government Gazette No. 4259 dated 26 July 2019 .
12. Lebanon: Decision concerning the prevention of registration, importation and circulation of certain medicines for medical preparations withdrawn in the country of origin - Department of Pharmaceuticals and medicines Resolution 1430-2019 dated 24 July 2019 .
14. A section titled “Alerts on SPS/TBT measures” has been created on the Indian Trade Portal. List of SPS/TBT measures announced by various countries is available in the section. A provision to search measures product/country-wise and to submit representation against the alerts is also available under the section.
15. Please visit the “Trade/Tender Queries” section on the Indian Trade Portal regularly for the latest business opportunity in the international market. The section is being updated by the Indian missions abroad.
Please feel free to send us your feedback/suggestion on the Indian Trade Portal on email@example.com. Your inputs will help us to make the portal more informative and useful.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byFederation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...